Sunday, January 9, 2011

We've All Been There

Haven't we ladies and gentlemen? We think we know the words to a song, only to find out we were humiliatingly wrong! This usually happens to me when A.) I sing the song in front of a group of people for the first time, or B.) I quiet down for just a half a second to hear the actual artists' interpretation of their song (What can I say? When I have the slightest bit of confidence in the lyrics I LOVE to belt them out).

Here are a few examples from myself and others:

Actual Lyrics:
Each morning I get up I die a little
"Somebody to Love" by: Queen
Alternate Lyrics:
Each morning I get up by dialing
I though the song was about keeping in touch with friends, because they make the best match makers.

Actual Lyrics:
Celebrate good times COME ON!
"Celebration" by: Kool and the Gang
Alternate Lyrics:
Celebration time COME ON!
These lyrics can be very tricky, cause I've also heard it sung...
Celebrate the Taj MAHAL!

Actual Lyrics:
Like the deserts miss the rain. And I miss you
"Missing" by: Everything but the Girl
Alternate Lyrics:
Like the desert's Mister Angel. It's a missuse
I wish you could see how soulfully I used to sing this one

Actual Lyrics:
Bottoms up bottoms up!
"Bottoms up" by: Trey Songz ft. Nicki Manaj
Alternate Lyrics:
Bottles up bottles up!
You'd think the title would have given it away, but no.

Actual Lyrics:
And as I recall, I think, we both kinda liked it
"Breakfast at Tiffany's" by: Deep Blue Something
Alternate Lyrics:
Ah yes, now I recall, we both cannot hide it
I lost QUITE a bit of money, betting on the words to that song. Well, no, I don't think I ever paid up, because I'm still not 100% convinced my lyrics are "alternate".

Actual Lyrics:
So keep your love locked down, your love locked down
Keepin' your love locked down, your love locked down
I keep your love locked down, your love locked down
I keep your love locked down, you lose
"Love Lockdown" by: Kanye West
Alternate Lyrics:
So keep your love light on, your love light on
Keepin' your love light on, your love light on
I keep your love light on, your love light on
I keep your love light on, you lose
Again, you'd think the title would have clued the singer in, but I think these lyrics make the song so much sweeter.


Please excuse any discrepancies in the lyrics I've given and those which appear on the youtube videos... that's the internet for you!!!


XOXOX
Kate


1 comment: