More than anything I am grateful for my mom's unconditional love. I'm gonna let y'all in on a little secret. I was pretty dangum quirky growing up. Every kid goes through a quirky phase, but my phase went strong, starting around the time of my birth, until a year or two ago. This phase made things like appropriate birthday party behavior (so much more to tell about my birthday party behavior, as a kid) and NOT being overly emotional, very hard for me. Through it all, there was my mom. But, no. She wasn't just "there", she supported me 170%!!! When I wasn't allowed to be Pope at my 6th grade medievel festival, because the teacher wanted to remain true to the era (wonder what that teacher thought when I brought a plastic mug covered in brown paper for the feast), she signed the petition to persuade the teacher to change her mind. And when that woman wouldn't do it, she made me this handsome habit.
I am so proud to say the support didn't end there. In 9th grade, when I brain stormed activities to beef up the college application I would be writing in four short years, Academic Games came quickly to mind (please watch at least the first minute of this clip. And post a comment telling me what you think about the only difference the guy found between Academic Games and the NCAA basketball tournament). Academic Games was social suicide, let's be honest. But my 14 year old brain could think of no other way to get into the college of my choice.
Just look at me! Doesn't it look like being normal would be hard for me?
Just look at me! Doesn't it look like being normal would be hard for me?Unlike the youtube clip. My Academic Games team was horribly under-manned. EVERY SINGLE game we were forced to forfeit 100 points from the get go, because we didn't have a regulation sized team. Even so, can you guess who was front and center in the Rose Hill Jr. High Auditorium come game time (oh, yeah. We also lacked the funds and resources to do any away games, so we just forfeited those and played home games)? You guessed it... my mom! And who whipped out their calendar when the moderator gave the other team points for answering 6 months have 31 days? Yes, that again my friends, was my mom. It's her support, and my involvement in A.G that got me into Western Washington University, I'm just sure of it. So, in closing I guessed I'd like to just say I'm a lucky gal, to have the mom that I do!

And I love Anne ALMOST as much as you and thank the good Lord daily for the great lady Anne loved so much .... YOU, Kate!
ReplyDelete