The whole reason I posted that last post, was to share these misunderstood lyrics:
Song: Tubthumping
Artist: Chumbawamba
You may remember Chumbawamba. They were those British anarchists who wrote one heckofa catchy tune. I remember watching The Rosie O'Donnell Show, and seeing them in orange jumpsuits with rebel catchphrases scrawled across their chests, and thinking "YEAH!!! Maybe I will go out and steal that CD!!! That will show 'um!!!" Of course I was/am FAR too much of a rule follower to do any such thing. If you don't remember Chumbawamba, or 1997 (the year they ruled the world), here's a quick 7 and a half minute documentary to get you up to speed.
Actual Lyrics:
I get knocked down, but I get up again
You nay ever gonna keep me down
I get knocked down, but I get up again
You nay ever gonna keep me down
I get knocked down, but I get up again
You nay ever gonna keep me down
I get knocked down, but I get up again
You nay ever gonna keep me down
What I thought they said:
I get knocked down, when rock 'n' roll began
You never gonna keep me down
I get knocked down, when rock 'n' roll began
You never gonna keep me down
I get knocked down, when rock 'n' roll began
You never gonna keep me down
I get knocked down, when rock 'n' roll began
You never gonna keep me down

No comments:
Post a Comment