Rough artist rendition. Thank you www.artwanted.com/sketchpad for your handy online tool!Anywhose, today I opened my mouth and awkwardness ensued. I got a Starbucks card from a special Valentine, AKA my mom, so I started my morning off at the Bucks (trying to get this to catch, feel free to join in). It was pretty busy, full of mostly tourists. So, I ordered my drink and hovered near the bar waiting for my drink to be ready. When, to my left I hear and man ask, "What was that?"
Now I know for a fact I had been singing "My Baby" by Lil' Romeo, in my head, and I was like 60% sure I hadn't sang anything out loud. My mind was racing so I just said the last thing I remembered saying outloud, "Tall decaf soy latte" I said to him.
"I don't think so." was his reply
Now I had no idea what kind mind game this guy was playing, cause I was PRETTY sure that's what I ordered, so I tried to remember if I had said anything else. "I maybe coughed a little" I said meekly.
As soon as I started to form the l for little, I saw the tell-tale white head phones, and realized he was talking to someone on his iPhone. But we've all been there right? No big deal! He didn't even notice I was having a conversation with him. The only people who might have noticed were the 50 some odd people waiting for the drinks. It really was no big deal, but I just couldn't find a way to be normal after such an event. So when the barista called out a drink, I looked about wildly and headed toward the counter, looking like a child raised by wild dogs who was being reintegrated into society. Quickly, I realized the drink wasn't mine. It was clearly some kind of iced, caramel thing.
"Oh, I ordered a hot drink. I don't think they would get it wrong." I said this part quietly, to myself, but the next part was louder "Must not be my drink". I looked at the gal next to me and slightly shrugged. She smiled sweetly. I spent the remaining time, waiting in the corner for my tall decaf soy latte.
Anyway I guess I'll just leave you with 2001 music video "My Baby" by Master P's son Lil Romeo
Now I know for a fact I had been singing "My Baby" by Lil' Romeo, in my head, and I was like 60% sure I hadn't sang anything out loud. My mind was racing so I just said the last thing I remembered saying outloud, "Tall decaf soy latte" I said to him.
"I don't think so." was his reply
Now I had no idea what kind mind game this guy was playing, cause I was PRETTY sure that's what I ordered, so I tried to remember if I had said anything else. "I maybe coughed a little" I said meekly.
As soon as I started to form the l for little, I saw the tell-tale white head phones, and realized he was talking to someone on his iPhone. But we've all been there right? No big deal! He didn't even notice I was having a conversation with him. The only people who might have noticed were the 50 some odd people waiting for the drinks. It really was no big deal, but I just couldn't find a way to be normal after such an event. So when the barista called out a drink, I looked about wildly and headed toward the counter, looking like a child raised by wild dogs who was being reintegrated into society. Quickly, I realized the drink wasn't mine. It was clearly some kind of iced, caramel thing.
"Oh, I ordered a hot drink. I don't think they would get it wrong." I said this part quietly, to myself, but the next part was louder "Must not be my drink". I looked at the gal next to me and slightly shrugged. She smiled sweetly. I spent the remaining time, waiting in the corner for my tall decaf soy latte.
Anyway I guess I'll just leave you with 2001 music video "My Baby" by Master P's son Lil Romeo
The other day I heard someone refer to Chipotle as "Chipotes" - similar to your 'Bucks. I think they should both catch on.
ReplyDeleteI remember listening to Lil Romeo's "Hush Little Lady" on the Robyn B. Thuggin mix!
"So when the barista called out a drink, I looked about wildly and headed toward the counter, looking like a child raised by wild dogs who was being reintegrated into society." hahahahaha. this made me lolz. i can totally picture it. the feral bunny does this, too.
ReplyDeleteI too, swim in awkward. Only it could also be called inappropriate in my case.
ReplyDelete