Monday, January 23, 2012

And the Winner is....

SARAH!!!!

By becoming a follower, Sarah was entered in the drawing, and WON!!! And what did she win, you may want to know... ONE 16 oz. BAG OF MAUI MADE POI!!!!



Here you can see I've kind of draped it over a railing, so you can see the consistency. It's kind of fantastic Sarah won, because she has a food blog (foodyearsresolution.wordpress.com)!!!! I can't wait to see what she does with this poi!

For those of you who don't know, poi is a disgusting combination of taro and water . I once told a Hawaiian that I didn't like poi, and she told me I wasn't eating it right. I was all like 'excuse me, I've been eating since I was darn near 6 months old! Don't tell me how to eat!'. Turns out she just meant, poi isn't meant to be eaten plain. It's generally served atop fish or steak. Or mixed with sugar and eaten like a pudding. A sticky, sour, pudding. Anyway, Sarah and her husband like all kinds of weird things, so I've no doubt they enjoy the poi (that rhymes).

Thank you, thank you, thank you, to all of you who became followers and/or left comments. It did wonders for my self-esteem, and gave me a good many things to consider as I move forward with this blog. However, most of the GREAT (not meant to be read sarcastically) suggestions do sound a lot like work. I was really hoping someone would say 'Kate, my wealthy eccentric uncle has a mind reading device, and he wants to mind-read and record your life stories, and give you $10,000 a post. You never have to work again!!" or even just "Kate, I'm David Remnick and I want to pay you $10,000 a post. You never have to work again!!" or maybe even "Kate, here's a winning lottery ticket. You never have to work again!!". Most of the best case scenarios I worked out in my head ended with "you never have to work again", but this is really good too!!!!!1

I think I'll do a sweepstakes every month or so, cause this was really fun for me, and honestly I want each and every one of you to be able to win!!! I will warn you, I have several ideas for giveaway items, and they kind of weird, so you might not like them. But they WILL be Hawaiian for as long as I live here! Also, is that the proper use of the word sweepstake?

God is Love,
Rev. Run
jkjkjkjkjk, it's me Kate


6 comments:

  1. What an awesome way to start my Monday! I am currently researching poi recipes for a complimentary post, although with a ringing endorsement of "disgusting combination of taro and water", my work may be cut out for me.

    But, you know I love a challenge--bring it on!

    XO sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I also said, you and James like weird things. If anyone can make poi tasty YOU can girl!!!!

      Delete
    2. Maybe I send you some of what I make? (This could get out of hand.)

      Delete
  2. I am kinda sad that I have read this too late to participate in the your contest, but now I am a new fan of your blog, mainly b/c of your picture of Jess!
    I hope all is well in Hawaii and I hope to have time to read all of your blogs in the near future, like during a blizzard or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean my picture WITH Jess?!?!?!?!?! Maybe you'll win the next giveaway!!!! Also, I'm only like 95% sure I know who this is...so...

      Delete
  3. Dear Kate, I adore you! I am also so happy to be a loser, since I have tried poi and am still trying to block the memory. I blame my current weight on trying to get the taste out of my mouth. :-) love, Tracy

    ReplyDelete