Sunday, January 15, 2012

Define Passive Aggressive

I think if you were to look up passive aggressive on Urban Dictionary, it might read "The way in which K.L Sandbo solves all of life's problems". It MIGHT read that, I don't know, I didn't check before starting to write this. Anyoo, I'm incredibly uncomfortable with confrontation, so if something ticks me off I generally pretend not to be bothered, then run crying to any one and every one who will listen (enter y'all). However, I think I may be growing up, and I have the I.Cs (so called, so that Anna can read this post out loud with her baby boy in the room. I mean, who wants their baby's first word to be I-D-I-O-T. Am I right Anna?!?!) to thank! You see, I don't think I'm being passive aggressive to them, I think I'm teaching them to be grown ups.

Take the dishes for example:
I refuse to do the I.Cs dishes. And apparently they feel the very same way. So, to teach them that in order to be a grown up they need to do their own dishes, I neatly stack them on one side of the sink. I also hand wash them, cause well, you can't expect perfection on the first go round, and I have to eat off the stuff too!!! But the kids don't know that, to them it just looks like a pile of their dirty dishes waiting to get put in the dishwasher. Thankfully they usually heat up some Dino Nuggets on a paper plate for breakfast, lunch and dinner, so this actually like 2 weeks of dishes! Or to put it another way, these dishes have been piled in the sink for 2 weeks. But that is SUCH a glass-half-empty way of looking at things.

So see, that's not passive aggressive is it? No, I should say not. Especially since I don't really feel negatively about the process, it's just how things are done here in Kihei... apparently.

Hugs and Kisses,
Kate

P.S.
Here is what UrbanDictionary.com has to say about passive aggression:
passive aggressive
A defense mechanism that allows people who aren't comfortable being openly aggressive
get what they want under the guise of still trying to please others.

I guess I expected something funnier and more snarky from U.D. This seems kind of Webstery, to me.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, when I figured out what IC was, I laughed out loud for at least a minute and then said the word instead of spelling it. Good thing you wrote IC, though. I was reading it out loud to Joe and the baby before I censored it. Bless you dear.

    ReplyDelete